Stoel Rives’ Oil & Gas Team has been monitoring bills introduced by California legislators since the beginning of the 2017-2018 legislative session. Below are the latest updates on the bills our team has been following during the first half of the current legislative session. In addition, we have included new bills introduced during the second half of the current legislative session.
The following is a list of bills either vetoed by the Governor or chaptered into law at the end of the first half of the current legislative session. A summary of such bills can be found here.
- AB 1197 (Limón, D): Oil spill contingency plans: spill management teams. Chaptered into law on October 8, 2017.
- AB 1328 (Limón, D): Oil and gas: water quality. Chaptered into law on October 13, 2017.
- AB 1472 (Limón, D): Public lands: assignments and transfers; oil, gas and mineral leases. Vetoed by the Governor on July 25, 2017.
- AB 1647 (Muratsuchi, D): Petroleum refineries: air monitoring systems. Chaptered into law on October 8, 2017.
- SB 44 (Jackson, D): State lands: coastal hazard and legacy oil and gas well removal and remediation program. Chaptered into law on October 8, 2017.
- SB 724 (Lara, D): Oil and gas: wells and production facilities. Chaptered into law on October 10, 2017.
Continue Reading Second Legislative Update: Oil & Gas Related Bills Introduced in the 2017-2018 Legislative Session